What is Salvation?
How must I turn my life to Christ and become saved?
Men still cry “What must I do to be saved?” The Bible provides a clear answer. Here are six scriptural steps which all must take to pass from death unto life:
1. Acknowledge: “For all have sinned and come short of the Glory of God.” (Romans 3:23). “God be merciful to me a sinner.” (Luke 18:13). You must acknowledge in the light of God’s Word that you are a sinner.
2. Repent: Except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.” (Luke 13:3). “Repent ye therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted our.” (Acts 3:19). You must see the awfulness of sins and then repent of it.
3. Confess: “If we confess our sins, he is faithful, and just to forgive our sins, and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:9). “With the mouth confession is made unto salvation.” (Romans 10:10). Confess not to men but to God.
4. Forsake: “Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the Lord, and he will have mercy upon him and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon”. (Isaiah 55:7). Sorrow for sin is not enough in itself. We must want to be done with it once and for all.
5. Believe: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him shall not perish but have everlasting life.” (John 3:16). “If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shall be saved.” (Romans 10:9). Believe in the finished work on the cross.
6. Receive: “He came unto his own, and his own received him not. But as many as receive him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even them that believe on his name.” (John 1:11,12). Christ must be received personally into the heart by faith, if the New Birth is to be yours.
Why not make your eternal decision now: “I am convinced by God’s Word that I am a sinner. I believe that Jesus Christ died for sinners and shed His blood to put away my sins. I NOW receive Him as my personal Lord and Savior and will, by His help, confess Him before men.